venerdì 8 giugno 2007

I leave for the airport in the morning around 11am. I've had mixed feelings about my European tour in the past 24 hours. I feel anxious, for no apparent reason.... My dear friend and faithful concert companion Stefano drives me to the Pescara airport. We try to catch up on what happened in our lives in the last few months. He's not coming with me this time. This time is going to be a private "spiritual" experience, a 21st century modern form of religious pilgrimage. So many memories.. expectations...hopes... We land in Frankfurt 20 minutes earlier than expected at 2.50. It's hot. Hotter than Italy. Apparently, they say it'll be hotter in the next few days... The trip on the bus reminds me of the last time I went to Frankfurt, in 2002... That time it was for a basketball game... According to the time schedule I'll be in Kaiserstrasse in about 75 minutes... Ironically, it's in the heart of the red light district...

Nessun commento: